Financial Aid Assistant
Job Number: P080
Work Type: Classified
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Categories: Clerical Support, Financial Aid
Financial Aid Assistant
Financial Aid and Scholarships
$27,450 - $33,489; commensurate with experience
Job Summary/Basic Function
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Financial Aid, this position is responsible for:
1) Determining student and parent eligibility for Federal Direct Loans, keying awards in Banner, and originating the loan records in compliance with federal regulations.
2) Certifying eligibility for private / alternative loans.
3) Researching student loan information through utilization of various student aid databases including Common Origination and Disbursement (COD), the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and ELM.
4) Reviewing rejected loan transactions and resolving loan processing and disbursement issues.
5) Providing loan related guidance to the MT One Stop and informing students and parents regarding eligibility for federal and private / alternative student loans.
High School diploma or High School Equivalency (HSE) required.
Required Related Experience
Two years of progressively responsible experience in an office or customer service environment.
Desirable Related Experience
Associate Degree (or higher) with focus in math or accounting. Knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices for awarding federal and private/alternative loans. Experience using the Banner System or a related educational database.
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter & CV/Resume Required
Special Instruction to Applicants
REQUIRED TESTING: Typing, Data Entry, Proofreading, Spelling, Word and Excel. Tests are administered by Wood Personnel. To be considered, you must test no later than 4:00 p.m. on June 16, 2021.
Please click here or call Wood Personnel at 615-890-8400 to register to complete the testing online. The link will also be provided via email once your application is submitted.
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU available at http://www.mtsu.edu/police/docs/2020AnnualSecurityReport.pdf or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
MTSU is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
For individuals requiring a reasonable accommodation to apply: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MTSU, please call 615-898-2929 or email email@example.com.
Application Review Date: June 15, 2021
Advertisement Opened: CST
Advertisement Closes: CST
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend