Aviation Safety Officer
Job Number: P038
Work Type: Administrative
Location: Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Categories: College of Basic & Applied Sciences
Aviation Safety Officer
$69,197 - $87,995; commensurate with experience
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Safety Officer provides daily oversight, management, and leadership of all safety programs for MTSU Aerospace Department. This includes the safety reporting system, the safety committee, and flight data analysis. This position reports to the Dean and works cooperatively with the Flight Operations Program Manager’s Office.
• Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Safety (preferred);
• Bachelor’s degree in Aviation Management, Professional Pilot, or related aviation field; or
• Master’s degree with evidence of aviation safety coursework (specified on resume)
Required Related Experience
• Two to four (2-4) years of experience in developing and managing aviation safety programs
• Two (2) years experience as an FAA Part 141 flight and/or ground chief instructor, assistant chief instructor, or check instructor
• Aviation / flight training operations experience
• Possess valid FAA Commercial Pilot (ASEL/AMEL), FAA Flight Instructor Certificate (ASE, IA, and AME)
Desirable Related Experience
• Demonstrated experience with FAA-certified aviation safety program management
• Four (4) years of experience as an Assistant Chief Instructor of a Part 141 program
• Four (4) years of experience in a safety-related supervisory role
• Chief Instructor qualifications per 14 CR Part 141.35(d)
• Possess FAA 2nd Class Medical certificate
Documents Needed to Apply
Cover Letter & CV/Resume Required
Special Instruction to Applicants
Please include required FAA certificates as other document.
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU available at http://www.mtsu.edu/police/docs/2020AnnualSecurityReport.pdf or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
MTSU is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
This position requires a criminal background check. Therefore, you may be required to provide information about your criminal history in order to be considered for this position.
Application Review Date: April 30, 2021
Advertisement Opened: CST
Advertisement Closes: CST
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend